Celebrating 35 years of industry leading innovation and growth
We completed construction of our 1,350sqm raw materials (Paper) storage warehouse. We can now store 2 months worth of raw materials to protect against wars, border closures, gas & electricity shortages, or even pandemics.
This million pound investment gives ours customers the peace of mine that we can continue to supply them.
Its probably the largest non-integrated Coreboard storage facility in the UK.
– Just Paper Tubes was awarded the Responsible Business Champion 2019 for Selby and Ainsty Constituency by the "All Party Parliamentary Corporate Responsibility Group" in the UK Parliament.
– We launched our first virtual visit to a cardboard tubes factory.
– Completed construction and moved into the new warehouse which features automations and integrated systems to provide actionable business insights.
– Upgraded to the latest standards of ISO 9001 & ISO 14001
– In July 2018 the MP For Selby came to visit our new warehouse and celebrate our success.
– Founding Director John Mahan retires and sells his shares to Ken and his family.
– Started construction of new ‘finished goods’ warehouse, expanding from 300m2 to almost 1200m2 with climate control
– ACCREDITED with ISO 9001 & ISO14001
– Reduction in lead time by half, with implementing control of production and warehousing facilities
– Launched apprenticeship programme to make the workforce future ready
– Consolidated ownership and transferred all company assets were to the newly formed company called Just Paper Tubes LTD, wholly owned by the holding company JPT Group
– Invested in new IT infrastructure to enable digital readiness
– Implemented a new computer system for world leading traceability and production management
– Implemented ‘paperless’ system using barcode scanners and intelligent logic systems
– Increased focus on going green by replacing all oil heating systems on site with a new biomass plant to heat the factory, warehouses and offices
– Installed a 100KW solar power generator for electrical needs
– Partnered with Eberle, a machine manufacturer to access the latest technological advances
– Changed the legal entity from Just Paper Tubes to JPT Accuracore LLP to represent the accurate core technology
– Sailed through the 2008 recession that hit Western Europe without reduction in staff or cutting back on expansion plans
– Reduced the transport wagon fleet to focus on production of cardboard tubes
– Purchased another Brodbeck recutter to expand production
– Started producing millions of labels and tape cores a month
– Procured the German Brodbeck Recutter machine to boost production of label cores and tape cores
– Briefly diversified into ‘buy and sell’ packaging, but went back to ‘Just Paper Tubes’
– Started providing waste recycling and reprocessing solutions to customers
– Just Paper Tubes launched their first website
– Started offering ‘Value Added Services’ for clients
– Implemented innovative techniques such as CCTV cameras to enhance security and stock monitoring at customers premises.
– Expanded the production site from 750m2 to 2000m2
– Purchased 2 brand new lines to bolster production
– Purchased new transport wagons to support increase in production
– Expanded the workforce to support the growth project
– Started working with the first significant label customer called Labelling Dynamics
– Invested in its first automatic recutter machine by Brodbeck to enable higher efficiency
– Increased number of owned transport wagons to 3
– Expanded transportation operations by hiring external transport companies
– Built a 300m2 warehouse opposite the factory for storage of finished goods
– Acquired the premises in Cliffe (just outside Selby) with 750m2 floorspace
– Became a Limited Company under the name Just Paper Tubes Limited
– Expanded production by adding 2 production lines and 2 recut machines
– Onboarded the first major client
– Steven Piggott (now Sales Director) joined the team and the business continued expanding
– Started 24 hours production
– Just Paper Tubes business partnership commenced by Ken Coates & John Mahan on 1stNovember, 1987 in Thorne, South Yorkshire with one production line
– Started subcontracting for Rigid Paper